Rabies alert issued in West Raleigh
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A rabies alert has been issued near a popular West Raleigh little league park.
A dog had to be put down after coming in contact with a rabid fox because the dog's shots were not up to date.
Animal control officers picked up the fox last week and had it tested after a resident reported it.
The West Raleigh Baseball Association also sent out letter Tuesday warning parents there have been reports of other foxes in the Barringer Drive area.
Anyone who sees an animal acting in an unusual manner is urged to call Wake County Animal Control at (919) 212-7387.
wake county, local/state
- Winter weather possible for some northern areas
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help