Suspect arrested in Durham hit-and-run
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- Durham police have arrested a person in connection with a hit-and-run accident that injured two people Saturday night.
The accident was reported at 8:57 p.m. in the 3200 block of Angier Avenue near Commonwealth Street.
Two people - 53-year-old David Thomas Waller and 54-year-old Sylvia Humphrey, both of Durham - were walking west along the edge of the road when Waller was struck from behind by a westbound van and thrown against Humphrey. The van left the scene.
Waller was hospitalized for treatment of critical injuries. He was last listed in fair condition at Duke. Humphrey was treated for minor injuries.
On Wednesday, police arrested 22-year-old Walter Sunag, of Durham. He faces one count of felony hit-and-run. Sunag's bond was set at $30,000.
Police said they have located the van Sunag was allegedly driving in the accident.
durham county, local/state
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
- Tax collector's office accused of abusing worker
- 'First kiss': The story behind the real viral hit
- Local company to provide experimental drug to boy
- Soldiers find human remains scattered in woods
- Mobile home destroyed by fire in Selma
- Gas blast destroys 2 NY buildings; 3 people dead
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Obama calls for a 'rethinking' on Crimea vote
- Expert: Girl's blood on over 30 items of evidence
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry
- Ingram has 30 as NCCU beats Howard 92-46 in MEAC
- NC coming up against another food stamp deadline
- CEO happy his company can provide drug for sick boy