Shaniya Davis' brother testifies in McNeill trial
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- The brother of a five-year-old girl raped and murdered took the stand Wednesday in the trial for her accused killer, Mario McNeill.
The boy was a seven year old at the time of Shaniya Davis' death.
On the witness stand, Carleso Davis described an intruder who entered his home on Nov. 9, 2009 as a skinny man with a goatee, and dreadlocks. He then pointed to McNeil as the man he saw enter their trailer.
That testimony came during the second day of Mario McNeill's trial.
Prosecutors also spent much of the day presenting a time line of McNeill's whereabouts the day and night before Shaniya was reported missing from her Sleepy Hollow Drive mobile home.
The focus of some of the testimony was cell phone calls from McNeill to other women, including late night and early morning text messages to a woman McNeill hoped to meet up with.
"It was a little after midnight text messaging back and forth," said Taysa McLain. "He was looking forward to coming over and to drink, and I ended up falling asleep."
Police said McNeil was not able to get up with that woman. It was after that investigators say he went to Antoinette Davis' mobile home.
Prosecutors say she gave McNeill her daughter to pay off a drug debt.
McNeill is charged with raping and killing Shaniya.
cumberland county, shaniya davis, local/state, greg barnes
- Winter weather possible for some northern areas
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help