Shaniya Davis' brother testifies in McNeill trial
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- The brother of a five-year-old girl raped and murdered took the stand Wednesday in the trial for her accused killer, Mario McNeill.
The boy was a seven year old at the time of Shaniya Davis' death.
On the witness stand, Carleso Davis described an intruder who entered his home on Nov. 9, 2009 as a skinny man with a goatee, and dreadlocks. He then pointed to McNeil as the man he saw enter their trailer.
That testimony came during the second day of Mario McNeill's trial.
Prosecutors also spent much of the day presenting a time line of McNeill's whereabouts the day and night before Shaniya was reported missing from her Sleepy Hollow Drive mobile home.
The focus of some of the testimony was cell phone calls from McNeill to other women, including late night and early morning text messages to a woman McNeill hoped to meet up with.
"It was a little after midnight text messaging back and forth," said Taysa McLain. "He was looking forward to coming over and to drink, and I ended up falling asleep."
Police said McNeil was not able to get up with that woman. It was after that investigators say he went to Antoinette Davis' mobile home.
Prosecutors say she gave McNeill her daughter to pay off a drug debt.
McNeill is charged with raping and killing Shaniya.
cumberland county, shaniya davis, local/state, greg barnes
- Dozens march in vigil for Jesus Huerta 2 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- NCCU new head football coach named
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- Panthers 1 win from ending playoff drought
- Lawyer details new evidence in Ackerson murder 39 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help