BB vandals target Wakefield residents
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- People living in the Wakefield community are on edge after several reports of BB gun pellets shattering windows.
The latest report came in Friday to Raleigh police.
"It cost me $250," said Julie Prather.
Prather is still reeling almost a week later after someone with a BB gun destroyed her car window.
"I had 'I love my family' and my stuff on the back of my car and maybe he didn't like that," said Prather.
It happened late last Saturday night to Prather and at least one other neighbor in a small area where the 3200 block of Townfield Drive intersects the 2300 block of Barton Oaks.
Both families awoke Sunday morning to find the damaged left behind.
"The window was blown out here, blown out here and this is shatter proof glass," said Prather. "When you touched it, it just disintegrated."
The incidents are in line with other reports of random BB gun shots fired at unsuspecting targets around Wakefield.
One neighbor says someone shot at her daughter and husband while they were running.
"I'm always worried it'll happen again," said Prather.
Police are investigating, but haven't yet arrested anyone.
Prather believes bored teens are responsible.
"If it was me, I'd hang them by their toe nails," said Prather.
wake county, local/state, fred shropshire
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63
- NCCU new head football coach named
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help