One killed in crash on Wake/Nash County line
NASH COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- The North Carolina Highway Patrol said one person was killed in a crash just inside Nash County east of Zebulon Monday afternoon.
It happened along U.S. Highway 264 between Zebulon and Wilson.
The Highway Patrol said a car was going east when it ended up in the opposite lane and slammed into a tractor trailer. The force of the impact sent the truck into a second tractor trailer.
The driver of the car, 60-year-old Chauncy Adrian Freeman, of Raleigh, was killed.
The two truck drivers suffered minor injuries.
The Highway Patrol is still trying to figure out what caused the crash.
nash county, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials