Former employers testify in Raven Abaroa murder trial
DURHAM (WTVD) -- A criminal past has come back to haunt a murder suspect on trial for allegedly killing his wife.
Raven Abaroa says he's innocent of murdering his wife Janet, but prosecutors chipped away at his credibility. Abaroa's criminal past includes embezzlement charges.
Monday, the prosecution played that up with the testimony of a former employer.
He told the jury how Abaroa stole thousands of dollars worth of sports products from the company he worked for at the time. That same employer also testified to Abaroa's behavior during company soccer games, saying he had to be told to tone it down on the field.
Another former employer also on the stand raised questions about a computer search Abaroa did while working for a technical training school.
"He accessed obviously work related items, student database, student records, inquiry records, and he provided some updates for the students. He also accessed a course in medical terminology," said Sandy Garetone.
The defense tried to point out during cross examination that Abaroa could've been searching for medical terms as part of his job with the training school.
Abaroa says he was at a soccer game the night of his wife's death.
A man who played soccer with Abaroa that night said Abaroa was a few minutes late.
durham county, homicide, janet abaroa, local/state, tamara gibbs
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Family gets new home for holidays 20 min ago
- Texas upends No. 14 North Carolina 86-83 16 min ago
- NC State beats Vols 65-58 for sixth straight win 29 min ago
- White House task force urges limit on NSA snooping
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- UNC guard McDonald cleared by NCAA
- Bipartisan budget agreement clears Congress
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help