Double fatal accident near Wendell
WENDELL, N.C. (WTVD) -- Two people are dead after a crash on U.S. Highway 64/264 near Wendell late Monday afternoon.
The crash happened around 4:20 p.m. in the westbound lanes near Wendell Boulevard.
The Highway Patrol said a 2000 Honda Civic, was traveling westbound when it attempted to pass a 2008 Chevrolet Aveo, The Civic struck the Aveo in the rear portion of the car.
The impact caused the Civic to lose control and skid sideways. At the same time, a flatbed tractor trailer struck the Civic in the driver's side door area.
As a result of the collision, both the driver and passenger of the Civic died at the scene. They have been identified as 21-year-old Roxanne Swanner and 29-year-old Santez Keys, both of Washington, N.C.
The drivers of the Aveo and the tractor trailer were not injured.
The investigation into the crash is continuing.
There's no word yet on if the rainy weather was a factor in the crash.
wake county, accident, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help