Fire breaks out at a Cameron Village restaurant
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Fire crews battled a fire overnight at a sushi and burger restaurant in Raleigh.
The blaze broke out after 2 a.m. at SushiGami restaurant on Wood Burn Road in Cameron Village.
Heavy smoke was seen pouring from the building, but firefighters were able to get it under control within 30 minutes. No one was injured.
The fire was contained to the kitchen. According to a report from the fire department, the fire was an accident and about 50 percent of the building was damaged.
No word from the restaurant on when it expects reopen.
wake county, fire, local/state
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday 8 min ago
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Rabies alert in Wake County
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Panthers, Saints seek control of NFC South race
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Flight delays and cancellations from the...
5 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help