Two charged with smashing Jesus statue
GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Wayne County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday it has arrested two people in the smashing of a statue of Jesus at a church in the Grantham Community.
Deputies said the Selah Christian Church reported the vandalism Tuesday. The statue was worth about $500.
Now, 22-year-old Joseph Thompson Siler II, of Dobbersville Rd., Goldsboro, and 16-year-old Steve Hardy Futch Jr., of Selah Church Rd., Goldsboro, are charged with injury to personal property. Bond for both was set at $500.
- Winter weather advisory for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- NCCU will be part of March Madness
- Video: NC State headed to NCAA tournament
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Plane search expands from Australia to Kazakhstan
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Man shot, killed at Willow Spring bar
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash