Spring Grove woman falls under van, dies trying to go to hospital with husband
May 10, 2013 (SPRING GROVE, Ill.) -- An 83-year-old woman who was attempting to follow an ambulance transporting her husband slipped and fell under her van and died early Friday in the northwest suburbs.
Before she fell, paramedics were responding to a medical emergency at the woman's home in the 1400-block of Main Street in Spring Grove and found a man in need of hospitalization, according to a release from the McHenry County Sheriff's office.
The man's wife, June A. Severs, wanted to follow the ambulance to the hospital and backed her 2010 Dodge van out of the garage and into the driveway to turn around, police said.
For some reason, the elderly woman then stopped the van and got out of the vehicle without putting the van in park, police said. Severs slipped on the wet pavement and fell under the van, which rolled backwards over her.
June Severs was taken to Centegra Hospital -- McHenry, where she was declared dead, police said.
Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday protests
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- 2 dead, 1 wounded in shooting near NC college
- Fayetteville bank robber sought
- Tata blames environmentalists for bridge woes
- NC has fewer teachers and more students
- UNC upsets No. 1 Michigan State
- NC State beats Northwestern 69-48
- Float banned from Clayton Christmas parade
- Autopsy: Actor died from impact, fire in crash
- Student arrested with loaded gun at Durham high school
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help