Apex child called a hero for saving mom
APEX, N.C. (WTVD) -- A four-year-old Apex boy is being hailed as a hero for calling 911 when his mother got very sick.
Josiah Hill likes to wear his Iron Man mask and play hero but it became reality last month.
"All I know is that when I woke up I was at the hospital and they told me your son called 911," said Josiah's mother, Kiyomi Hill.
Kiyomi had just gotten out of the hospital after suffering a seizure when she suffered another one. Her husband, Cory, was gone and her five-year-old was asleep. That left only Josiah and his two-year-old sister.
"I just pressed nine, then one, one," said Josiah. "Because mommy showed me."
He was able to give the dispatcher his name and address as well as instructed by his mother because of a tumor that causes her to have seizures.
"I keep telling him 'Thank you' and he doesn't feel like he did anything," said Kiyomi. "He keeps saying I just called 911."
His actions earned Josiah honors from Apex first responders. He posed for a photo with the police chief and got a shiny medal around his neck.
"It's just a blessing for him to be as smart as he is," said Josiah's dad, Cory Hill.
"I just thank God that he was so smart enough to pick up the phone and call 911," said Kiyomi.
wake county, local/state, fred shropshire
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help