Fire breaks out at Durham apartment complex
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- Fire broke out at a Durham apartment complex Saturday night.
Officials said the fire started on the third floor unit in the 1400 block of Chapel Hill Street around 9:07 p.m.
Flames and heavy smoke were pouring from the windows, but everyone made it out of the building safely.
Fire officials said the fire was accidental and appears to be an electrical malfunction.
durham county, fire, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help