Huge fire devours Wake County home
GARNER, N.C. (WTVD) -- A huge fire ripped through a home in the 8400 block of Fawncrest Drive south of Garner and Lake Benson Tuesday afternoon.
Pictures from Chopper 11 showed there was little firefighters could do but try and contain the blaze in the one-story home which was destroyed.
The fire broke just after 2 p.m. It took crews about 45 minutes to knock down the flames.
Two people in the house got out safely and there were no reports of injuries.
The cause of the fire was under investigation.
Neighbors say a married couple lived at the home with their 20-year-old daughter. They saythe daughter and her boyfriend were home at the time of the fire.
wake county, local/state
- Winter weather advisory for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- NCCU will be part of March Madness
- Video: NC State headed to NCAA tournament
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Plane search expands from Australia to Kazakhstan
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Man shot, killed at Willow Spring bar
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash