Franklin Graham: Father's charities targeted by IRS
CHARLOTTE (WTVD) -- Franklin Graham is accusing the Internal Revenue Service of coming after his father, evangelist Billy Graham.
Graham's son fired off a letter to President Barack Obama asking him to take immediate action to reassure Americans they are not part of a new chapter of American history that includes repressive government rule.
He also wrote, the IRS review involved an agent visiting the North Carolina offices of "Samaritan's Purse" and the "Billy Graham Evangelical Association" after the ministry published a letter backing the banning of same-sex marriage in North Carolina.
- Audit shows problems with NCTracks
- Heart of Carolina Food Drive wrapping up soon
- South African police prepare for Mandela ceremony
- Man must pay $50K after breaking up with fiancee
- Car drives off bridge, into Harnett County creek
- North Carolina ties to Craigslist murder
- Autopsy reveals Jamie Hahn stabbed 24 times
- Art Pope says he's sad about Roses, Maxway pickets
- Child writes apology letter for dialing 911
- Second suspect named in double murder
- World leaders to speak at massive Mandela memorial
- Wake Forest chooses Bowling Green's Clawson
- Reward doubled in Mount Olive murders
- Deputy hits deer, tree in Moore County
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help