List of 2013 hurricane names released
MIAMI (WTVD) -- The National Hurricane Center has released its annual list of storm names.
The list, which alternates between boy and girl names, kicks off with Andrea, followed by Barry, Chantal, Dorian, Erin, and Fernand.
Hurricane season begins June 1.
Also, the name Sandy was retired from the list of hurricane names after last year's devastating storm on the East Coast.
Here is the complete list of names:
In the event that more than 21 named tropical cyclones occur in the Atlantic in one season, additional storms will take names from the Greek alphabet.
- Gov. McCrory declares state of emergency
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony 35 min ago
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county 26 min ago
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum 22 min ago
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Amber Alert issued for missing 11-year-old girl
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Possible CO poisoning at Carrboro post office
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help