Purse snatchers sought in south Durham
DURHAM (WTVD) -- A reward is being offered for information leading to an arrest after two recent purse snatchings near the Renaissance Shopping Center in the 6800 block of Fayetteville Road in Durham.
The first incident happened at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 4 outside the Nordstrom Rack store. Police say a woman was walking towards her car when two teens approached her and asked her if she had change for a $5 bill.
As she was checking her purse, the male teens grabbed her purse and ran toward the woods along with two other teens that had been standing nearby.
The second incident was reported at 9:12 p.m. on Saturday, May 11 in front of PF Chang's Restaurant. Police say a woman was sitting in front of the business when two males approached her. One asked her questions about the restaurant and then snatched her purse.
The two were last seen running toward Herndon Road. They were described as black males between 16 and 20 years old. Both had short hair and were wearing black shirts.
Anyone with information about either incident is asked to call police at (919) 560-4415, ext. 29303 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.
durham county, local/state
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63
- NCCU new head football coach named
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help