Man attempts to rob Zebulon bank
ZEBULON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police in Zebulon arrested have arrested a man after they said he tried to rob the First Citizens Bank on Wakelon Drive.
They say 50-year-old Richard Gardner Ennis, of Knightdale, walked up a bank employee just after 5 p.m. Friday and that this was a "bank robbery."
Police arrived on scene less than a minute later, and Ennis was taken into custody while he was still inside the bank.
No weapon was located and there were no injuries or shots fired.
Ennis did not obtain any money.
He will be charged with attempted common law robbery .
wake county, bank robbery, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina 1 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car 34 min ago
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2 22 min ago
- Amber Alert issued for missing 11-year-old girl
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help