Man attempts to rob Zebulon bank
ZEBULON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police in Zebulon arrested have arrested a man after they said he tried to rob the First Citizens Bank on Wakelon Drive.
They say 50-year-old Richard Gardner Ennis, of Knightdale, walked up a bank employee just after 5 p.m. Friday and that this was a "bank robbery."
Police arrived on scene less than a minute later, and Ennis was taken into custody while he was still inside the bank.
No weapon was located and there were no injuries or shots fired.
Ennis did not obtain any money.
He will be charged with attempted common law robbery .
wake county, bank robbery, local/state
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market 24 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 6 min ago
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works 39 min ago
- Portland plans reservoir flush after teen cited 39 min ago
- 2 more charged in Wake Forest kidnapping
- Girl's memorial being held at basketball arena
- Sketch of Cary rape suspect released
- McCrory proposes new coal ash regulation