Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- A pedestrian was hit and killed Friday evening in Fayetteville, according to police.
Police responded to a pedestrian struck on Yadkin Road near Santa Fe Drive just before 9 p.m.
The pedestrian, who was identified as 52-year-old Donald Ovalle, was transported to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center, where he later died.
Investigators determined Ovalle walked out into traffic and was struck by a vehicle.
Police said no charges will be filed against the driver of the vehicle involved in the incident.
cumberland county, accident, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina 36 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home 29 min ago
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- Orange County among hardest hit by ice storm
33 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
37 min ago
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in Fayetteville...
30 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help