Inmate escapes from North Carolina prison, found 4 miles away
DALLAS, N.C. (WTVD) -- The inmate who escaped Saturday from Gaston Correctional Center has been caught.
Officials captured 22-year-old Jacob Hiton at 4:45 p.m. walking along NC-275, about four miles from the correctional center.
Officials said Hilton was serving three and half years for possession of a firearm by a felon and numerous counts of breaking and entering and larceny.
He has no pending charges and was scheduled for release in October.
Officials thought he might have attempted to contact family or friends in Gastonia or Stanley.
Gaston Correctional Center is a minimum-security prison located in Dallas, N.C. It houses approximately 250 male inmates who are nearing release.
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday 19 min ago
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Rabies alert in Wake County
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Panthers, Saints seek control of NFC South race
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Flight delays and cancellations from the...
16 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help