4 year old injured in Durham hit-and-run
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- Durham police are searching for the driver who hit a 4-year-old girl and then sped off.
The accident happened Saturday night on Barton Street around 8 p.m.
Amazingly, Yahaira Velazquez was not seriously injured. Her mother told ABC11 Sunday they were at the hospital until 1 a.m.
Maria Paz said she and her daughter were getting out of their truck that was parked along the street when a gray colored Mazda sideswiped the truck on the side her daughter was getting out.
Neighbors say this isn't the first time a child has been hit in the area. A 5 year old was hit last year, and also survived.
They say it's a neighborhood where a lot of children play in front of their homes and they'd like to find a way to get drivers to slow down.
durham county, accident, local/state
- Suspect in Wake Forest kidnapping captured
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market 3 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Former teacher faces charges
- Big rig crashes through front of pharmacy
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- Wake sounds alarm on teacher shortage
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works 2 min ago