Broyhill indicted in Hahn murder
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A Wake County grand jury officially indicted 31-year-old Jon Broyhill on a first-degree murder charge Monday.
Police say Broyhill stabbed Democrat fundraiser Jamie Hahn, 29, and her husband in their home April 22nd.
Hahn later died at WakeMed. Her husband, Nation Hahn, was treated and released. After attacking the couple, Broyhill injured himself with the knife, and he was also treated at WakeMed before being transferred to the Wake County jail.
He's being held without bond.
Police have not given a possible motive for the alleged attack, but sources have said they believe Jamie Hahn had asked Broyhill to explain why money was missing from the campaign of former Congressman Brad Miller.
Broyhill worked as an accountant for Jamie's political consulting firm, Sky Blue Strategies, where Miller was a client.
Broyhill had known the Hahns for years and was even best man at their wedding.
According to search warrants in the case made public Monday, Broyhill admitted to being involved in the crime and said he brought the weapon from his home to the Hahn's residence.
wake county, homicide, local/state
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday protests
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- Lockdown lifted at Wingate University
- Tata blames environmentalists for bridge woes
- NC has fewer teachers and more students
- Float banned from Clayton Christmas parade
- Autopsy: Actor died from impact, fire in crash
- Student arrested with loaded gun at Durham high school
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Group tasked with keeping kids safe at school
- State prison guard attacked by inmate
- Johnston County teen faces 'sexting' charges
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help