Two cleared, others charged in Rocky Mount murder
ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Rocky Mount Police Department says it has cleared two men who were charged with murder in a shooting.
Last week, they announced 25-year-old Tyrone Foreman and 24-year-old Jermale Avent were charged with murder in the shooting death of 22-year-old Clayton Epps.
Now, police say they got new information from Foreman and Avent that cleared them.
They've now charged two different men in the case. Brendan Greene, 22, of Rocky Mount and Tique Williams, 22, also from Rocky Mount, are charged with murder and felony possession of a firearm.
Greene and Williams were being held in the Edgecombe County Jail under no bond.
homicide, shooting, edgecombe county, local/state
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought 7 min ago
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Lindsay Lohan calls sex list 'humiliating'
- Duke's Rodney Hood to enter NBA Draft
- Raleigh police investigate home invasion
- Video: Easter celebration in Durham
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Persons of interest identified in Fayetteville shooting
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets 7 min ago
- Whoopi Goldberg writes Denver Post cannabis column
- Doomed ferry's sharp turn, slow evacuation probed
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born near Philadelphia
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards