Two cleared, others charged in Rocky Mount murder
ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Rocky Mount Police Department says it has cleared two men who were charged with murder in a shooting.
Last week, they announced 25-year-old Tyrone Foreman and 24-year-old Jermale Avent were charged with murder in the shooting death of 22-year-old Clayton Epps.
Now, police say they got new information from Foreman and Avent that cleared them.
They've now charged two different men in the case. Brendan Greene, 22, of Rocky Mount and Tique Williams, 22, also from Rocky Mount, are charged with murder and felony possession of a firearm.
Greene and Williams were being held in the Edgecombe County Jail under no bond.
homicide, shooting, edgecombe county, local/state
- Temps to plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Durham girl's wish comes true
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Woman unknowingly tweets husband's fatal car crash
- Woman struck, killed by car in Harnett County
- Son: Graham's health declining
- Wake Forest bank robbery suspect caught
- Motorcyclist killed in Durham County crash
- No. 20 Duke relishes worst-to-first ride
- Xerox calls police before layoffs
- High School Football Scores - Playoffs Week 4
- Hurricanes surge past Sharks
- Raleigh Winterfest 2013-2014
- Icy storm slams Southwest, shuts down North Texas
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help