Candidates for Wake County Schools superintendent narrowed to 3
CARY, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Wake County School Board named its three finalists for superintendent Tuesday evening.
- Doctor Dana Bedden, who is currently the superintendent of the Irving Independent School District in Texas. Prior to that, Bedden served as a superintendent in Pennsylvania and Georgia.
- Ann Blakeney Clark, who is the deputy superintendent for Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools. Clark began her career in Charlotte.
- James Merrill, who has served as superintendent of the Virginia Beach City Public Schools. Merrill also spent 16 years with Wake County Schools.
The school board is planning to fly in the finalists early next week for final interviews. They expect to make a final decision early next month.
An interim superintendent has been in place since September when Tony Tata was fired.
wake county, wake county schools, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos