Raleigh names new interim city manager
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The City of Raleigh has a new interim city manager after a unanimous vote by city council.
Late Thursday afternoon, Perry James was named to the post.
James has worked for the City of Raleigh since 1982 and is currently the city's Chief Financial Officer.
Last month, the city council fired longtime City Manger Russell Allen. They said they felt it was time to get a fresh set of eyes on the job.
Allen's final day is July 1.
The search for a permanent new city manager is expected to take more than six months.
wake county, local/state
- Duke Chapel holds Mandela memorial
- Snowball fight could lead to criminal charges
- Airline's sweet surprise for passengers
- One day left to help hungry families through the holidays
- Billy Graham weaker since 95th birthday party
- Shooting reported in Raleigh
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Modest Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- Serial bank robber arrested in Durham
- Bubba the goat is no longer on the lam
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget pact
- Car crashes on Glenwood Avenue during chase
- Walmart, AIG say they plan nearly 700 NC jobs
- Groups shun NC critics, appeal Bonner Bridge case
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help