Police investigate Durham bank robbery
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Durham police are investigating a bank robbery that happened late Thursday afternoon at the SunTrust Bank branch in the 3400 block of Hillsborough Road.
Police said a male armed with a gun and wearing a dark stocking mask over his head entered the bank around 4 p.m. and demanded money. He then fled with an undisclosed amount of cash.
"All of a sudden the outer door opened and the man, this tall African-American guy, I would say about 5'10" said, 'This is a hold up. This is a bank robbery'," said bank customer Bill Quick.
The suspect was described as a black male approximately 6 feet tall and weighing 170 pounds.
He was wearing a black t-shirt with a design on the back and dark jeans.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at (919) 560-4582, ext. 29248 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.
No one was injured in the robbery.
durham county, bank robbery, local/state
- Arrest warrants issued in Gates Four shooting
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Residents told of arsenic in water 29 min ago
- Jeopardy! Clue Crew visits Raleigh
- ACC tournament to move to New York?
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg 10 min ago
- Driver trapped after hitting tractor trailer
- NC educators have new retirement savings option
- Woman speaks out about Clayton group home
- Car smashes into concrete truck, blocks road
- High speed chase ends in crash, arrest
- Oakwood decision could have far reaching effects