Police investigate Durham bank robbery
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Durham police are investigating a bank robbery that happened late Thursday afternoon at the SunTrust Bank branch in the 3400 block of Hillsborough Road.
Police said a male armed with a gun and wearing a dark stocking mask over his head entered the bank around 4 p.m. and demanded money. He then fled with an undisclosed amount of cash.
"All of a sudden the outer door opened and the man, this tall African-American guy, I would say about 5'10" said, 'This is a hold up. This is a bank robbery'," said bank customer Bill Quick.
The suspect was described as a black male approximately 6 feet tall and weighing 170 pounds.
He was wearing a black t-shirt with a design on the back and dark jeans.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at (919) 560-4582, ext. 29248 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.
No one was injured in the robbery.
durham county, bank robbery, local/state
- Police trying to identify Cary rape suspect
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Former teacher faces charges
- Big rig crashes through front of pharmacy
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- Wake sounds alarm on teacher shortage
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works
- Portland plans reservoir flush after teen cited
- 2 more charged in Wake Forest kidnapping