Police investigate Durham bank robbery
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Durham police are investigating a bank robbery that happened late Thursday afternoon at the SunTrust Bank branch in the 3400 block of Hillsborough Road.
Police said a male armed with a gun and wearing a dark stocking mask over his head entered the bank around 4 p.m. and demanded money. He then fled with an undisclosed amount of cash.
"All of a sudden the outer door opened and the man, this tall African-American guy, I would say about 5'10" said, 'This is a hold up. This is a bank robbery'," said bank customer Bill Quick.
The suspect was described as a black male approximately 6 feet tall and weighing 170 pounds.
He was wearing a black t-shirt with a design on the back and dark jeans.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at (919) 560-4582, ext. 29248 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.
No one was injured in the robbery.
durham county, bank robbery, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos