Juvenile escapee turns himself in
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Durham County officials report that a juvenile who escaped from the Durham County Youth Home on Saturday has turned himself in.
The juvenile, identified only as 16-year-old Darren D., escaped Saturday around 12:55 p.m. He turned himself in just after 1 p.m. on Sunday.
He was last seen running from the youth home after reportedly scaling a fence and jumping from a rooftop to escape the facility.
Officials with the youth home immediately notified the Durham Police Department and Durham County Sheriff's Office of the juvenile's escape, and are cooperating fully with the investigation. An extensive search by dozens of police officers, sheriff's deputies, and canines was conducted Saturday, but it was unsuccessful.
durham county, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina 13 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home 6 min ago
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina 54 min ago
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- Orange County among hardest hit by ice storm
10 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
14 min ago
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in Fayetteville...
7 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help