Raleigh police search for alleged wallet thief
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police say they need help identifying a man suspected in a series of women's wallet thefts.
Investigators say the man took the wallets between April 22 and May 17 and then used the victim's credit cards to make purchases at several area stores - including Target and Walmart.
The suspect is described as a black male in his early 40s. He is bald, medium height and weight, and police say he typically wears business attire during the thefts.
Anyone with information is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP or to go to the CrimeStoppers web site at www.raleighcrimestoppers.org. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for anonymous tips that help solve cases.
wake county, local/state
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Former teacher faces charges 31 min ago
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works
- Portland plans reservoir flush after teen cited
- 2 more charged in Wake Forest kidnapping
- Girl's memorial being held at basketball arena
- Sketch of Cary rape suspect released
- McCrory proposes new coal ash regulation