Neighbor argument leads to shooting in Person County
PERSON COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Person County Sheriff's Office has charged a man in the Timberlake Community with shooting a neighbor.
Sheriff Dewey Jones said it happened as neighbors were arguing Tuesday evening in the Chambers Loop Road area.
Sheriff Jones said 55-year-old Benjamin Darby, of 83 Rocky Bluff Lane, is accused of standing at his neighbor's mailbox and shooting a gun at least five times.
One of the bullets hit the neighbor, passing through his abdomen. The wounded man was not identified.
Darby, an employee of the U.S. Post Office, is charged with first-degree attempted murder.
The shooting victim is recovering at Duke University Hospital.
person county, shooting, local/state
- ABC11 food drive makes sure no one goes hungry
- Woman claws her way out of locked bathroom
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in death of SC mayor's brother in law
- Man charged with stealing names, SS numbers from soldiers
- Man struck, killed on I-95 in Selma
- Shearon Harris back in operation
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Appeal to be heard in Jason Young case
- Police: Teen in custody shot himself
- Pilot who crashed at SFO worried about landing
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Prosecutor: no domestic charges against Zimmerman
- Wake schools bus shows up hours late
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help