Suspect arrested in North Hills car break-ins
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- After nearly four months, police said they have found the suspect wanted in a one-night crime spree in Raleigh.
In early February, Raleigh police received dozens of reports of car break-ins in the area surrounding North Hills.
Most victims reported the theft of electronics, such as GPS devices. One victim said a purse was emptied, but no money was taken.
Now police said 18-year-old Christopher Robertson, of Rocky Mount is facing dozens of charges.
Police have not said what led them to the Nash County teen, but victims said they are grateful.
"I am surprised that after three or four months that they found this person and that he came from such a distance, from Rocky Mount, and just the fact that so many people had gotten broken into in one night. That was incredible," break-in victim Patty McQuillam said.
Robertson faces 26 charges-- one for stealing a car and the rest are for breaking into cars.
Robertson is still in the Nash County Jail and has not yet been brought to Wake County. It appears he is also facing charges back in Rocky Mount, and it isn't clear when he will be brought to Raleigh.
wake county, local/state, ed crump
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Man shot, collapses at gas station
- Police issue warning on eve of Huerta vigil
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during operation
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Texas upends No. 14 North Carolina 86-83
- NC State beats Vols 65-58 for sixth straight win
- White House task force urges limit on NSA snooping
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help