New era underway at North Carolina Central University
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Durham rolled out the maroon carpet for the new chancellor at N.C. Central University.
Monday was the first day on the job for Dr. Debra Saunders-White.
A ceremony featured the school marching band, and Durham Mayor Bill Bell presented Saunders-White with a key to the city.
Saunders-White is N.C. Central's first female full-time chancellor and the school's eleventh overall.
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn 6 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- NCCU new head football coach named
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- Panthers 1 win from ending playoff drought
- Lawyer details new evidence in Ackerson murder
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help