Woman arrested in Hope Mills man's shooting death
HARNETT COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Cumberland County woman has been arrested and charged in the murder of a Hope Mills man.
On June 1 at approximately 2:40 a.m. Harnett County deputies responded to 2802 Walker Rd. in Lillington for a gunshot wound.
The victim, 41-year-old George Daronte Dnell Johnson, of Hope Mills was pronounced dead at the scene.
On Thursday deputies charged 42-year-old Stacey Louise Walker, of Linden with first-degree murder in connection with Johnson's death. She turned herself in at the Harnett County Sheriff's Officer.
Walker has been released on $500,000 bond.
harnett county, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Teacher resignations up significantly in Wake Co. 2 min ago
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Confused, chaotic scene described on sinking ferry 44 min ago
- Persons of interest identified in Fayetteville shooting 37 min ago
- Pres. Obama shows skepticism on Russia in Ukraine 59 min ago
- DOT worker charged in officer's death
- Cooper, other lawyers resolve NC defamation case 59 min ago
- Police trying to identify Cary rape suspect 58 min ago
- Police: Antiques store used to sell meth
- Hatchell: Star freshman DeShields leaving UNC 44 min ago
- Jabari Parker leaving Duke
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- Teacher resignations up significantly in...
13 min ago
- I-Team: Neighborhood lobbies for speed humps
54 min ago