Injury in Cary construction accident
CARY, N.C. (WTVD) -- There were injuries Wednesday morning in a construction accident in the 6100-block of Tryon Road in Cary.
Pictures from the scene showed a large concrete pumping truck toppled over with its long boom arm extended in front of it.
The truck was being used to pour concrete on the Tryon Road Greenway project.
It happened just before 7:30 a.m. While it wasn't immediately clear what caused the accident, the support arms of the truck appeared to have sunk into soft ground in front of it, possibly causing it to overbalance.
The truck belongs to Concrete & Material Placement out of Charlotte.
Officials said two workers were hurt. One man was knocked off a wall and a second had his torso pinched between two sections of metal. Both were taken to WakeMed with non-life-threatening injuries.
wake county, local/state
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats 22 min ago
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week 47 min ago
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche 37 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 32 min ago
- Family of Danielle Locklear opens up