Search continues for missing Fort Bragg soldier
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Another search is planned for a missing Fort Bragg soldier Kelli Bordeaux, who disappeared more than a year ago.
Crews are searching Saturday to find the now 24-year-old Army Medic. The search is coordinated by a Raleigh man who has been involved in other searches for missing people. Coordinators say they are going over an area that has never been searched before.
Bordeaux was last seen April 14, 2012 leaving Fayetteville's Froggy Bottoms bar. She was age 23 when she disappeared. An acquaintance told investigators he left the bar with Bordeaux and dropped her off near her apartment. That was the last anyone has heard from her.
Last month, the Army declared Bordeaux legally dead, making her family eligible for survivor's benefits.
Bordeaux, a native of St. Cloud, Fla., joined the military in April 2011. She arrived at the unit in November 2011.
Bordeaux's case remains under active investigation. Anyone with information about her disappearance is urged to contact Fort Bragg Army Criminal Investigation Command investigators at (910) 396-8777.
cumberland county, fort bragg, kelli bordeaux, local/state
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday 8 min ago
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Durham hosts bowling tournament for Special Olympics athletes 2 min ago
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial expected to draw thousands
- Snow, ice, deep-freeze hit large swath of US
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Panthers, Saints seek control of NFC South race
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Man trapped in empty dark plane cabin at Houston airport
- Person County under ice storm warning until...
27 min ago
- Durham hosts bowling tournament for Special...
2 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help