Man shot to death in Durham
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- Durham police said a man was shot to death on North Hyde Park Avenue just past East Main Street Tuesday morning.
Police got the call around 11:40 a.m. When officers arrived, they found 37-year-old Jermaine Andrea McDonald, of North Hyde Park Avenue lying in the street. Police said he had been shot and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police said the death was being treated as a homicide. So far, no charges have been filed.
The shooting does not appear to be a random act, according to investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to call Investigator M. Evans at (919) 560-4440, ext. 29336 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.
durham county, local/state
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter 49 min ago
- ABC11 channel changes 43 min ago
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately 37 min ago
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators 56 min ago
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
- Suspect in Sanford shooting death arrested
- Parents hope bone marrow drive can save son 22 min ago
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Bank robbed in Franklinton
- 4th of July celebration returning to Ft. Bragg
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Police: 1 man, 1 woman died at South by Southwest
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
58 min ago
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC...
55 min ago
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
54 min ago