Johnston County teacher facing sex charge
CLAYTON, N.C. (WTVD) -- A school teacher in Johnston County is charged with having a sexual relationship with a student.
Eric Lamar Minter, 39, of East Main Street, Clayton turned himself in at the Johnston County Sheriff's Office around 9:30am Tuesday.
Investigators said Minter was a business education teacher at Smithfield Selma High School.
Minter is charged with one count of sex offense with a student, a felony. He was released from the Johnston County Jail on a $50,000 bond.
Johnston County Schools said Minter's employment with the school system ended on June 12.
"The school system takes seriously any allegations related to the safety and well-being of its students. The administration responded promptly upon notification of these concerns, which included reporting the allegations to law enforcement. The school system has worked, and will continue to work in complete cooperation with law enforcement on this issue," it said in a statement.
With information from Mickey Lamm/WTSB Radio
johnston county, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help