Johnston County teacher facing sex charge
CLAYTON, N.C. (WTVD) -- A school teacher in Johnston County is charged with having a sexual relationship with a student.
Eric Lamar Minter, 39, of East Main Street, Clayton turned himself in at the Johnston County Sheriff's Office around 9:30am Tuesday.
Investigators said Minter was a business education teacher at Smithfield Selma High School.
Minter is charged with one count of sex offense with a student, a felony. He was released from the Johnston County Jail on a $50,000 bond.
Johnston County Schools said Minter's employment with the school system ended on June 12.
"The school system takes seriously any allegations related to the safety and well-being of its students. The administration responded promptly upon notification of these concerns, which included reporting the allegations to law enforcement. The school system has worked, and will continue to work in complete cooperation with law enforcement on this issue," it said in a statement.
With information from Mickey Lamm/WTSB Radio
johnston county, local/state
- Audit shows problems with NCTracks
- Heart of Carolina Food Drive wrapping up soon
- South African police prepare for Mandela ceremony
- Man must pay $50K after breaking up with fiancee
- Car drives off bridge, into Harnett County creek
- North Carolina ties to Craigslist murder
- Autopsy reveals Jamie Hahn stabbed 24 times
- Art Pope says he's sad about Roses, Maxway pickets
- Child writes apology letter for dialing 911
- Second suspect named in double murder
- World leaders to speak at massive Mandela memorial
- Wake Forest chooses Bowling Green's Clawson
- Reward doubled in Mount Olive murders
- Deputy hits deer, tree in Moore County
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help