Police: Hit and run driver suspected of DWI
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Raleigh police have released the report from a deadly hit and run that left one teenager dead.
The report was released just as the man police say was behind the wheel faced a judge for the second time this week.
Natalie Chidlaw was killed and Meghan Clark was injured in the crash early Saturday morning on Hillsborough Street near Dixie Trail. Police say 33-year-old Adetoye Adekanmbi left the scene.
The police report indicates Adekanmbi is suspected of driving while intoxicated.
Police says Adekanmbi, who has a wife and young child, drove into two teenagers on Hillsborough and kept going.
A memorial service will be held this weekend for Chidlaw.
Clark was also seriously injured.
The prosecution said in court it could be nine months before Clark can walk again.
Adekanmbi will heads back to court in July.
His bond will remain at a $250,000. A judge also ordered him to surrender his passport.
Adekanmbi was charged Tuesday with one count of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury. Saturday, he was charged on two counts of felony hit and run causing bodily injury or death and with driving while license revoked.
wake county, accident, local/state
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday 38 min ago
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Rabies alert in Wake County
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Brees sharp, Saints beat Panthers 31-13 34 min ago
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Flight delays and cancellations from the...
55 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help