Police: Hit and run driver suspected of DWI
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Raleigh police have released the report from a deadly hit and run that left one teenager dead.
The report was released just as the man police say was behind the wheel faced a judge for the second time this week.
Natalie Chidlaw was killed and Meghan Clark was injured in the crash early Saturday morning on Hillsborough Street near Dixie Trail. Police say 33-year-old Adetoye Adekanmbi left the scene.
The police report indicates Adekanmbi is suspected of driving while intoxicated.
Police says Adekanmbi, who has a wife and young child, drove into two teenagers on Hillsborough and kept going.
A memorial service will be held this weekend for Chidlaw.
Clark was also seriously injured.
The prosecution said in court it could be nine months before Clark can walk again.
Adekanmbi will heads back to court in July.
His bond will remain at a $250,000. A judge also ordered him to surrender his passport.
Adekanmbi was charged Tuesday with one count of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury. Saturday, he was charged on two counts of felony hit and run causing bodily injury or death and with driving while license revoked.
wake county, accident, local/state
- Family of Danielle Locklear opens up
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash 59 min ago
- GOP: Teacher crisis started before McCrory
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets
- Couple charged after meth lab found in home 2 min ago
- Photos: Fire in Sea Isle City, NJ
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Mazda recalls 109,000 older SUVs for rust problem
- Duke's Rodney Hood to enter NBA Draft