Suspected meth found near RDU airport
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The North Carolina Highway Patrol says it found a jar of a liquid it suspects is methamphetamine during a traffic stop before noon Wednesday along Interstate 40 at the Airport Boulevard exit.
Officers treated the incident as a hazardous material situation and called in the SBI to investigate.
Pictures from Chopper 11 showed the car stopped on the shoulder of the highway with officers searching inside. One lane of I-40 West was closed while the investigators did their work.
A man was taken into custody. Troopers said 29-year-old Michael Edwards of Johnson City, Tennessee was wanted in Tennessee on outstanding warrants.
He now faces North Carolina charges of driving with a revoked license and possession of drug paraphernalia. Officials said the contents of the jar will be analyzed.
wake county, raleigh durham airport, local/state
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday protests
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- 2 dead, 1 wounded in shooting near NC college
- Fayetteville bank robber sought
- Tata blames environmentalists for bridge woes
- NC has fewer teachers and more students
- UNC upsets No. 1 Michigan State
- NC State beats Northwestern 69-48
- Float banned from Clayton Christmas parade
- Autopsy: Actor died from impact, fire in crash
- Student arrested with loaded gun at Durham high school
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help