Suspected meth found near RDU airport
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The North Carolina Highway Patrol says it found a jar of a liquid it suspects is methamphetamine during a traffic stop before noon Wednesday along Interstate 40 at the Airport Boulevard exit.
Officers treated the incident as a hazardous material situation and called in the SBI to investigate.
Pictures from Chopper 11 showed the car stopped on the shoulder of the highway with officers searching inside. One lane of I-40 West was closed while the investigators did their work.
A man was taken into custody. Troopers said 29-year-old Michael Edwards of Johnson City, Tennessee was wanted in Tennessee on outstanding warrants.
He now faces North Carolina charges of driving with a revoked license and possession of drug paraphernalia. Officials said the contents of the jar will be analyzed.
wake county, raleigh durham airport, local/state
- Winter weather advisory for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- NCCU will be part of March Madness 13 min ago
- Video: NC State headed to NCAA tournament 50 min ago
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state 20 min ago
- Plane search expands from Australia to Kazakhstan 23 min ago
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Man shot, killed at Willow Spring bar
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash
- Government drops sex assault charges...
54 min ago
- NCCU headed for the NCCA tournament
54 min ago