Military plane sparks fire in Dare County
DARE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Officials say an Osprey aircraft started a small fire at a military bombing range Friday.
The vertical takeoff and landing aircraft made a routine landing, but engine exhaust apparently started a brush fire.
No one was hurt and the aircraft was only slightly damaged.
The Osprey is a new aircraft with a tilt wing that allows the plane to achieve higher speeds than conventional helicopters.
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help