Fayetteville robbery suspect arrested
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Fayetteville police are investigating a robbery at an electronics store that happened Monday morning.
Police responded to the Radio Shack in the 1800 block of Owen Drive just before 11 a.m.
According to police, the suspect acted as a customer and asked a store employee for help with an iPad. When the employee tried to help, the suspect ran around the sales counter and pushed the clerk out of the way. Police said the suspect then stole the iPad and ran outside to an awaiting vehicle in the parking lot.
A concerned citizen was able to follow the suspect's vehicle to a residence on the 2800 block of Coronado Parkway and called police.
When police arrived, they arrested 26-year-old Benjamin Lee Murchison, of Elizabethtown. Murchison is charged with common law robbery as well as a federal probation violation. He is being held on a $10,000 secured bond.
Police said the iPad was recovered and returned to Radio Shack.
cumberland county, robbery, local/state
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide