Police: Driver going 102 mph in fatal crash
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The driver of a car was killed early Tuesday in a single vehicle crash.
It happened around 2 a.m. on Falls of Neuse Road at Tabriz Point.
According to the wreck report, 23-year-old Samuel Johnson was driving 102 miles per hour when he lost control of his car, and crashed into a light pole and tree.
Johnson died at the scene.
The crash brought down power lines, and shut down the road for hours.
Police suspect Johnson was driving drunk.
wake county, accident, local/state
- Woman speaks out about Clayton group home
- ABC11 channel changes
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- Durham school bus involved in accident
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- Hurricanes rally to beat Sabres 4-2
- NC State tops Miami 67-58 in ACC tourney
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake