Four teens indicted in homeless man's murder
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A Wake County grand jury has indicted four teens for the murder of a homeless man.
Four 15 years olds and a 13 year old are charged with the beating death of 37-year-old Regynald Brown.
Friends found Brown's body last December in a trash can on a southeast Raleigh greenway.
Earlier this year, a Wake County judge ruled four of the teens can stand trial as adults.
The 13 year old agreed to testify for the state as part of an agreement that would keep him in the juvenile court system.
Brown was the father of three.
Friends say he had fallen on hard times and was living along the greenway.
wake county, homicide, local/state
- Audit shows problems with NC Tracks 59 min ago
- Heart of Carolina Food Drive wrapping up soon
- South African police prepare for Mandela ceremony
- Man must pay $50K after breaking up with fiancee
- Car drives off bridge, into Harnett County creek 3 min ago
- North Carolina ties to Craigslist murder
- Autopsy reveals Jamie Hahn stabbed 24 times
- Art Pope says he's sad about Roses, Maxway pickets
- Second suspect named in double murder
- World leaders to speak at massive Mandela memorial
- Reward doubled in Mount Olive murders
- Deputy hits deer, tree in Moore County
- New American Airlines emerges as deal closes
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help