Police: Woman grabbed along Duke trail
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Duke University and Durham police officers are searching for a suspect who allegedly grabbed a jogger along a trail Wednesday morning.
Police said a woman was jogging around 7 a.m. on Duke University's Al Buehler Trail, near Cornwallis Road and the Washington Duke Inn when she was grabbed from behind by a man.
The suspect tried dragging the woman into a nearby wooded area, but she was able to get away and suffered only minor injuries.
Authorities are currently searching for the suspect who was described as a light-skinned man in his late 20s to early 30s, with a medium build, standing about 5 feet 6 inches tall.
He was last seen wearing black pants, a black tank-top, white shoes and a red baseball cap.
Duke and Durham police are investigating. Duke police have also notified students, faculty and staff about the incident.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Duke University Police Department at (919) 684-2444.
durham county, local/state
- Duke Chapel holds Mandela memorial 51 min ago
- Snowball fight could lead to criminal charges
- Airline's sweet surprise for passengers
- One day left to help hungry families through the holidays
- Billy Graham weaker since 95th birthday party
- Shooting reported in Raleigh
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Modest Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- Serial bank robber arrested in Durham
- Bubba the goat is no longer on the lam
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget pact
- Car crashes on Glenwood Avenue during chase
- Walmart, AIG say they plan nearly 700 NC jobs
- Groups shun NC critics, appeal Bonner Bridge case
- Duke Chapel holds Mandela memorial
50 min ago
- Air travelers caught in winter storm
44 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help