Police: Woman grabbed along Duke trail
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Duke University and Durham police officers are searching for a suspect who allegedly grabbed a jogger along a trail Wednesday morning.
Police said a woman was jogging around 7 a.m. on Duke University's Al Buehler Trail, near Cornwallis Road and the Washington Duke Inn when she was grabbed from behind by a man.
The suspect tried dragging the woman into a nearby wooded area, but she was able to get away and suffered only minor injuries.
Authorities are currently searching for the suspect who was described as a light-skinned man in his late 20s to early 30s, with a medium build, standing about 5 feet 6 inches tall.
He was last seen wearing black pants, a black tank-top, white shoes and a red baseball cap.
Duke and Durham police are investigating. Duke police have also notified students, faculty and staff about the incident.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Duke University Police Department at (919) 684-2444.
durham county, local/state
- Winter weather possible for some northern areas
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help