Durham police investigating homicide
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- Durham police are investigating the shooting death of a young man that happened Thursday night.
Police said they responded to a call of shots at Lakeview Park on Dearborn Drive around 8 p.m.
When officers arrived they found 19-year-old Takoreio Jaquan Jackson of Durham dead.
Sources told ABC11 that families and firefighters were nearby at Lakeview Missionary Baptist Church having a cookout and saw the shooting take place. The pastor of the church said he and a group of deacons saw the young victim gasping for air before paramedics arrived.
"We heard two shots, some say they was firecrackers, but I was like that ain't no firecrackers. So we walked around and we saw people leaving in a black Jeep and another little boy started trying to shake him talking about getting up and when he saw us then he went to hollering 'he's shot he's shot'," Lakeview Missionary Baptist Church pastor Bobby Moore said.
Police are still looking for a suspect. They were looking for a dark-colored SUV seen leaving the area after the shooting.
Anyone with information is asked to call Investigator Cristaldi at (919) 560-4440, ext. 29322 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.
durham county, shooting, homicide, local/state
- ABC11 food drive makes sure no one goes hungry
- Woman claws her way out of locked bathroom
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in death of SC mayor's brother in law
- Man charged with stealing names, SS numbers from soldiers
- Man struck, killed on I-95 in Selma
- Shearon Harris back in operation
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Appeal to be heard in Jason Young case
- Police: Teen in custody shot himself
- Pilot who crashed at SFO worried about landing
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Prosecutor: no domestic charges against Zimmerman
- Wake schools bus shows up hours late
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help