Ft. Bragg soldier killed in Fayetteville motorcycle crash
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- A motorcyclist was killed Friday night after his bike collided with a car in Fayetteville, according to police.
Fayetteville police responded to a vehicle crash on Raeford Road at the Sandalwood Drive intersection at approximately 10:20 p.m.
Police said the motorcycle was traveling east on Raeford Road when the driver of a 2000 Saturn turned left in front of the bike. Police said the motorcycle was unable to slow down and collided with the car.
The motorcyclist, 19-year-old James Joseph Nickel, was pronounced deceased upon arrival to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center.
Nickel was in the United States Army assigned at Fort Bragg.
The driver of the Saturn has been identified as 17-year-old Andrew Green, of Hope Mills.
accident, cumberland county, local/state
- Widow's wedding bands stolen in Hope Mills
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Manhunt for suspects in deadly luxury mall carjacking
- Police seek help solving double murder
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Multiple county chase ends in Durham
- Sheriff: School gunman planned to attack 5 spots
- Naked man spotted near Raleigh school
- Private ferry runs aground, injures 14
- Durham murder victim identified
- Blind man, guide dog safe after subway track fall
- Fair ride operator, owner formally indicted
- DOT looking at all 540 project paths
- NC photographer helps shelter dogs find a home
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help