Passenger jet makes emergency landing at Raleigh-Durham International Airport
A regional passenger jet made an emergency landing at Raleigh-Durham International Airport Wednesday after the crew reported a smell of smoke on board.
The plane touched down safely just after 2 p.m. An airport spokesperson said it was United Airlines flight 4495 bound from Savannah, Georgia to Newark, New Jersey. The aircraft is a ERJ 140 capable of carrying about 50 passengers.
It was the second emergency landing at RDU Wednesday. Earlier in the day, a smaller corporate jet made an emergency landing when it lost power in an engine.
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide