Durham teen dead in shooting
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Police are investigating a shooting that left a teen dead late Wednesday evening.
The victim was found in the 3400 block Freeman Road, just north of N.C. Highway 98, around 10:30 p.m.
Police identified the dead youth as 17-year-old Dion Omari Williams of Durham. They have charged 18-year-old Jaaron Joyner in his death.
Anyone with information is asked to call Investigator S. Pate at (919) 560-4440 and/or Crime Stoppers at (919) 683-1200. Crime Stoppers pays cash rewards for information leading to arrests in felony cases and callers never have to identify themselves.
durham county, shooting, local/state
- Bicycle Man's legacy lives on
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Obama skips out of Washington for Hawaii vacation
- Target offers apology discount this weekend 3 min ago
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking 53 min ago
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Wild video: Duke Energy implodes smokestacks
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs 25 min ago
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Cub Scouts help out on the anchor desk
33 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help