Durham teen dead in shooting
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Police are investigating a shooting that left a teen dead late Wednesday evening.
The victim was found in the 3400 block Freeman Road, just north of N.C. Highway 98, around 10:30 p.m.
Police identified the dead youth as 17-year-old Dion Omari Williams of Durham. They have charged 18-year-old Jaaron Joyner in his death.
Anyone with information is asked to call Investigator S. Pate at (919) 560-4440 and/or Crime Stoppers at (919) 683-1200. Crime Stoppers pays cash rewards for information leading to arrests in felony cases and callers never have to identify themselves.
durham county, shooting, local/state
- Teacher resignations up significantly in Wake Co. 8 min ago
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Confused, chaotic scene described on sinking ferry 53 min ago
- Persons of interest identified in Fayetteville shooting 46 min ago
- Pres. Obama shows skepticism on Russia in Ukraine
- DOT worker charged in officer's death
- Cooper, other lawyers resolve NC defamation case
- Police canvass area for information about rape suspect 1 min ago
- Police: Antiques store used to sell meth
- Hatchell: Star freshman DeShields leaving UNC 53 min ago
- Jabari Parker leaving Duke
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- Teacher resignations up significantly in...
22 min ago