Hit-and-run driver slams into ambulance | Paramedics injured
July 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Authorities are investigating a hit-and-run accident involving a vehicle and an ambulance that left two paramedics injured.
Authorities say a BMW crashed into the Chicago Fire Department ambulance at Laramie and Jackson on the West Side early Friday morning.
The two suspects who were in the BMW then took off running.
Police say they are searching for the suspects, who are believed to be a male and female.
The two paramedics were taken to West Suburban Hospital for treatment. Their injuries are not life-threatening, according to officials.
The dark-colored BMW left at the scene appeared to have extensive damage to the front side.
local, diane pathieu
- Widow's wedding bands stolen in Hope Mills
- Manhunt for suspects in deadly luxury mall carjacking
- Crawleigh's I-440 lane closures got off to a rough start
- Police seek help solving double murder
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Multiple county chase ends in Durham
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Sheriff: School gunman planned to attack 5 spots
- Naked man spotted near Raleigh school
- Private ferry runs aground, injures 14
- Durham murder victim identified
- Blind man, guide dog safe after subway track fall
- Fair ride operator, owner formally indicted
- DOT looking at all 540 project paths
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help