Man robbed at gunpoint on Tobacco Trail in Durham
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police are investigating a robbery along the American Tobacco Trail Friday afternoon.
The victim told ABC11 he was jogging when a person came out of the woods and confronted him with a gun.
It happened near Otis Street.
Police closed off a portion of the trail for about an hour as they investigated. The mugging is the latest in a string of incidents reported along the trail in Durham.
At the beginning of this year, several improvements were made in an effort to better keep the community safe. Security cameras were installed, maintenance was done on site, and signage was also put up.
The victim in Friday's attack - although he was shaken up - is doing okay.
durham county, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation 48 min ago
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title