Goldsboro man charged in fatal shooting
GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WTVD) -- Goldsboro police have arrested a man in the shooting death of another man that happened at a home Saturday night.
Police responded to a home in the 100 block of Georgia Avenue around 9:48 p.m. When officers arrived, they found 23-year-old Tyree Louis Simmons, of Goldsboro, deceased on the kitchen floor of the residence from an apparent gunshot wound.
After an investigation, officers arrested and charged 41-year-old Stevie Denardo Simmons, of Goldsboro with an open count of murder.
Authorities said Stevie and Tyree Simmons are not related.
The investigation revealed that an altercation took place between Stevie and Tyree Simmons in the yard of Stevie Simmons' home in the 600 block of W. Walnut Street which escalated to Stevie Simmons allegedly shooting Tyree Simmons.
Police said after Tyree Simmons was shot, he ran across and down the street to the home on Georgia Avenue where he died on the kitchen floor.
Stevie Simmons was placed in the Wayne County Jail under no bond pending a first appearance scheduled for Monday.
Tyree Simmons' body will be transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Raleigh for autopsy.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Goldsboro Police Department at (919) 580-4218, Crime Stoppers at (919) 735-2255, or text Crime Stoppers at (919) 222-4230.
wayne county, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Widow's wedding bands stolen in Hope Mills
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Manhunt for suspects in deadly luxury mall carjacking
- Police seek help solving double murder
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Multiple county chase ends in Durham
- Sheriff: School gunman planned to attack 5 spots
- Naked man spotted near Raleigh school
- Private ferry runs aground, injures 14
- Durham murder victim identified
- Blind man, guide dog safe after subway track fall
- Fair ride operator, owner formally indicted
- DOT looking at all 540 project paths
- NC photographer helps shelter dogs find a home
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help